Who's feeling festive? Winter in the Shuswap is beautiful - snow covered mountains, occasional frozen lakes and there are markets in towns around the region. Yes, we know, it's only just fall in the Shuswap but market season starts early/
You'll find local makers and producers selling their unique products and heading into the holidays, it's a great way to support small businesses in your community.
Winter Markets around the Shuswap
- October 27 - Full Moon Market at Marionette Winery in Salmon Arm
- October 28 - Sorrento Lions Market at the Shuswap Lake Estates Community Centre in Blind Bay
- November 4 - Country Christmas Market at the Notch Hill Town Hall in Sorrento
- November 16 - Holiday Gift Fair at M.V. Beattie School in Enderby
- November 18 - Christmas Market at Farmstrong Cider in Armstrong
- November 18 - Christmas Market at the Lakeview Community Centre in Anglemont
- November 18 - Christmas Craft Fair at the Eagle River Secondary School in Sicamous
- November 18 - Up to Snow Good at the Fifth Avenue Seniors Centre in Salmon Arm
- November 19 - Artistry Christmas at the Blind Bay Memorial Hall
- November 25 - Christmas Market at Farmstrong Cider in Armstrong
- November 25 - Christmas Craft Fair at the Sorrento Memorial Hall
- November 25 - Holiday Shop-a-ganza at the SASCU Recreation Centre
- December 1 - Enderby Farmers Christmas Market at the Splatsin Rec Centre
- December 1 - Holiday Gift Fair at South Broadview Elementary in Salmon Arm
- December 2 - Winter Love Market at CC Bloom in Armstrong
- December 2 - Holiday Market at the Downtown Salmon Arm Farmers Market
- December 2 - Country Christmas Market at the Chase Community Hall
- December 2 - Malakwa Christmas Bazaar at the Malakwa Learning Centre
- December 3 - Eagle Valley Arts Council Winter Market at the Red Barn Arts Centre in Sicamous
- December 7 - Christmas Holiday Bazaar at the Lakeside Manor in Salmon Arm
- December 9 - Artisan & Agriculture Market at Farmer John's Market in Grinrod
- December 9 - Country Christmas Market at the Falkland Community Hall
- December 9 - Mara Christmas Market at the Mara Community Hall
Winter Family Events around the Shuswap
There are also a number of fun events taking place around the Shuswap to celebrate winter and the holiday season.
Downtown Light Up & Holiday Market in Salmon Arm
Christmas Parade and Light Up Family Event in Sicamous
Saturday December 2 - parade at 5:30 and light up at 6pm on Main Street
CP Holiday Train - Sicamous, Canoe, Salmon Arm, Notch Hill & Chase
December 15 & 16 - check out page 4 for the times in each community
Where to find Shuswap Soul this holiday season
If you are looking for Shuswap Soul this season, we won't be at any of the markets. However, stop into On Alex in downtown Salmon Arm, Boathouse Marine & Leisure in Salmon Arm and Anglemont Marina to find a selection of sweaters, hoodies, tees and hats.
While you're out for a drive around the Shuswap...
Stop in at some of the great little coffee shops, cafes and restaurants around the lake. At this time of year, you'll find some friendly service and great eats - tell us about your favourites!
Do you have another event to add to this list?
If you know of other winter events taking place around the Shuswap, drop them in the comments and we'll try to keep the list up to date.
Check out some of our other posts:
Introducing handcrafted made in Canada toques
Things to do in the Shuswap - Fall Edition