It's that time of year where there are fun events and activities popping up all over the place. It's a chance to get together with your friends and family to celebrate the holiday season or even take a cold dip in Shuswap Lake.
If you're looking for a listing of holiday markets and great local shopping events, check out our list of Fall & Winter Markets around the Shuswap.
Festive Family Events
The holiday season is coming and there's lots going on around the Shuswap in terms of fun family activities. From baking cookies with Mrs. Claus to singalongs with your favourite Christmas carols to watching the CP Holiday train make its annual stops throughout the Shuswap, there's something for everyone.
- November 25 - Kids Christmas Cookie Baking Extravaganza at the Zest Commercial Food Hub in Salmon Arm
- November 25 - Downtown Shine Light Up and Holiday Happy Hour in Salmon Arm
- November 25 - Winter Art Tour in Salmon Arm
- December 1 - Chase Country Christmas parade & light up in Chase
- December 1 - Shuswap Christmas Lightup in Sorrento
- December 2 - Kids Only Christmas Shopping in Cedar Heights
- December 2 - Christmas Parade and Light Up in Sicamous
- December 2 - Downtown Holiday Parade in Salmon Arm
- December 3 - Kids Only Christmas Workshop on the North Shore
- December 3 - Breakfast with Santa at Carlin Hall
- December 8 - Christmas Singalong at Marionette Winery in Salmon Arm
- December 9 - Breakfast with Santa & Mrs. Claus at Sweet Leaf Bakery & Cafe
- December 9 - Cookie Decorating with Santa & Mrs. Claus at Sweet Leaf Bakery & Cafe
- December 15 - Salmon Arm Skating Club Winter Show in Salmon ARm
- December 15 & 16 - CP Holiday Train with stops in Sicamous, Canoe, Salmon Arm, Notch Hill & Chase
If driving around and checking out the lights in your neighbourhood, that's awesome too.
Fun Activities from Chase to Sicamous (and everywhere in between)
Grab your friends and go have some fun! Lots of outdoor adventures in the hills and even in the lake (brrrr). If outdoor adventure isn't your style, don't worry, there's special events at local wineries or coffee shops as well as classes and workshops throughout the winter months.
- November 15 - Sovereign Lake Opening Day
- November 18 - Eagle Bay Harvest Dinner
- November 19 - Hello Winter Community Cold Swim in Blind Bay
- November 23 - Coffee & Chocolate pairing in Salmon Arm
- November 24 - Sip & Shop at Marionette Winery in Salmon Arm
- November 25 - Eagle Bay Coffee House Holiday Gathering
- November 25 - Ski Movie Night at Skookum Bike & Ski in Salmon Arm
- December 2 - Bean to Bar Chocolate Making Workshop in Salmon Arm
- December 5 - Crafts and Cocktails in Scotch Creek
- December 9 - Crafts and Cocktails in Scotch Creek
- December 30 - Coffey's Climb Hike at Larch Hills
- Daily - workshops at the Shuswap Maker Space in Salmon Arm
For those looking for some opportunities to network with other local and small business owners, don't forget to check out what's happening in your area.
There are all kinds of fun things to do around the Shuswap in the winter. Some of the experiences are the epitome of Canadian winters - sledding, beach bonfires, or snowshoeing. But there are also quite a few unique experiences in the Shuswap worth checking out.
Caravan Farm Theatre
A few years ago we went to the Caravan Family Farm Theatre in the winter with our cousins who were visiting. It's a combination of a show - this year is the Nutcracker - and a sleigh ride. Caravan Farm Theatre runs from December 7-Jan 5 near Armstrong and is totally worth the drive.
Winter Sleigh Rides
What feels more like a good old fashioned winter than a horse drawn sleigh ride over the hills and through the fields. Walter's Sleigh Rides in Notch Hill can be booked by calling 250-835-8384.
Cross Country Skiing or Snowshoeing Adventures
You've probably seen photos of evening cross country ski nights at Larch Hills. Check out Frosty Glide nights on Wednesdays at Larch Hills.